4.03.2015

Hope is a Butterfly

I made some backgrounds using acetate and smooshing Distress Ink.  I smoosh one color of ink at a time using a mini Distress ink pad on the acetate and then mist with water.  I lay the acetate on the watercolor paper and smoosh around until I get the effect I like.  You can layer many colors with some drying time between or just one.  One of the things I like about this quick watercolor method is the droplets that form on the acetate after smooshing which can then be "stamped" as a design element.  I do use a heat tool to speed up the drying process on these. I also dropped some clear water onto the piece afterwards to get more texture.




size:   A2   5 1/2" x 4 1/4"

Stamps:   Impression Obsession- Kind Words(outside),  Verve- Believe(inside)

Stamps:   Paper Artsy Fresco Paint- Cheesecake, Distress Mini Ink Pads,  Archival Jet Black

Dies:   Memory Box- Dancing Butterflies, Kaleidascope Butterfly, and Tall Birch

Tools:   Taylored Expressions- Burlap Embossing Folder

1 comment:

  1. This is really pretty! Love the background -- THANKS for telling us how you did it, as I may try doing one color at a time and exercising some patience next time I'm in a "smooshing" mood. And you can never go wrong with birch trees or butterflies. nise

    ReplyDelete