4.27.2015

It's All In The Details

I made this card especially to honor the Featured Stamper for this week at Splitcoast Stampers.  Her name is Francie and she goes by f.schles on the site. Her awesome gallery is here .  Her cards are very creative with a lot of color and imagination.  Francie also adds many details to her cards which I really enjoy.  One of the things I like is her use of white gel pens to define shapes or to add some whimsy to her card designs.  She is also maybe the only- other than me- person I know who may have a polka dot fetish. 

I created the background with Brusho watercolor crystals.  Instead of washing all of the color I left some of the crystals as they look before diluting into more pure color.  I did also wet the watercolor paper before sprinkling the crystals so they burst into small confetti-like bits of color. 




card size:   A6   6 1/4"  x  4 1/2"

Stamps:   Magenta- Poppies, Penny Black- Heartfelt(inside)

Specialty Paper:   Pebbles Jen Hadfield- Cottage Living 6x6,  Basic Grey Aurora 6x6

Ink/Color:   Brusho,  Archival Jet Black Ink,  Distress Ink pads,  Silks acrylic paint- Ice,  Posca- White paint pen

Dies:   Penny Black Heartfelt(love)

1 comment: