4.17.2015

Peonies

I colored up one of those huge Catherine Scanlon Design stamps.  I couldn't remember what color peonies usually are.  I just remember when I was a kid we had a couple of them and they were always full of creepy, crawly, voracious ants. 

For the flowers I used Distress markers water colored with water brushes.  I scribbled a little bit of marker directly on the watercolor card stock and then moved the color with the water brush.  I shaded each color with just water.  I only used 4 markers colors for the whole image which includes the Black Soot shadow. 




card size:   A7   5" x 7"

Stamps:   Catherine Scanlon Designs- Peonies (available at Ellen Hutson),  Papertrey Ink-Happy For You set(inside words)

Ink/Color:   Distress Ink Markers,  Archival Jet Black,  VersaMark Ink,  Hero Arts White Embossing Powder

Dies:   Penny Black-Deco Frame (Miss You),  Cheery Lynn- Double Scallop Border 



2 comments:

  1. PRETTY! and, yes, peonies are pink. Well done on only using 4 colors on this, as it sure looks like more. I remember peonies having their very own bugs as a kid. nise

    ReplyDelete