5.27.2015

Fishy Wishes

My last card blogged and this one are both my final cards as Splitcoast Color Challenge guest DT for the month of May.  I liked this color combination so much that I actually made 4 cards.  I'll fit the others in between other blogging so as not to be boring with the same color scheme. 

I tried to create an "under the lake" effect with my water color. I used a wide flat brush dipped directly into Distress reinker on a palette to make the underwater grasses.  Then I washed plain water over to make the sandy looking bottom.  I love how Distress Inks break down into more than one color...very cool.  My fishy embellishment is from Paper Whimsy Sheet #116.  I added some Wink of Stella to give a little sparkle.  I also used a large embossing tool and a foam mat to give the fish a curve which looked more realistic when I used foam tape to pop it up.




Card Size:   A2   5 1/2"  x  4 1/4"

Stamps:   Designs By Ryn- Rising Bubbles,  Crafty Secrets- Fishing Buds(words inside and outside)

Specialty Paper:   Paper Whimsy Image Sheet #116 (fish)

Ink/Color:   Distress Ink- Pistachio and Peeled Paint,  Brusho- Sea Green,  Peerless Watercolor- Blue,  Archival Jet Black,  Berol Prisma Color Pencil White,  Uniball Signo White Gel Pen

Die:   My Favorite Things- Tall Grassy Edge,  Martha Stewart- Hearts Punch


2 comments:

  1. Wow - I totally love this card! Your fish is amazing and I love how you gave it texture! Your painted on grass is WONDERFUL. You are very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete