5.14.2015

Flying By

I literally feel like I'm "flying by" today as I have been so busy this week.  My husband is getting ready to leave for a whitewater trip out in Utah.  It seems like Murphy's Law is in play as last minute things keep cropping up. This card was a nice break from all that. 

I white embossed the Penny Black floral and the My Favorite Things butterfly separately onto water color paper.  I water colored with Distress inks.  I only used 3 colors for the whole card so it has a "matchy" feel to it...kind of serene. Because of that though I needed to do something to pop the butterfly from the background.  I used a Papertrey Ink die that looks like "messy string" which seemed too flat.  I added some pretty iridescent real string for more interest on top of that.  Then I popped up the butterfly to get some lift.  I finished it off with some sequins glued with Matte Medium and some matching flags.  I accidentally creased one of the three butterflies I colored when die cutting the one I was going to use.  I stamped them too close to each other.  I was able to use the boo-boo butterfly by cutting off the bad part and putting it inside the card for interest.




Card Size:   A6   6 1/4" x 4 1/2"

Stamps:   Penny Black Trailing Beauty(floral background),  MFT- Butterflies,  Hero Arts-Stamp & Cut Hello(inside phrase),  Lawn Fawn-Hello(outside)

Ink/Color:   Distress Inks,  Versamark ink,  Hero Arts White Embossing Powder

Dies:   Papertrey Ink-Circle Scribbles,  MFT- Butterfly and Fishtail dies

Embellishments:   Doodlebug Designs- Sprinkles Lily White Glitter


1 comment:

  1. LOVE it! So pretty and I think your butterfly inside is just perfect. nise

    ReplyDelete