5.25.2015

Remembering

I tried my hand at no-line watercolor and almost completely lost these flowers.  You know when you do that one more thing to your card...and that "thing" darn near does your card in?  We've all been there...me lots of times.  For some reason I thought that a light mist of water would soften the flowers edges up a bit.  The problem is that I got a new water sprayer and misjudged the amount of water that would come out. Spooosh!  I left it be and when I came back to check the "damage" it wasn't so horrible as some parts did survive ok.  I think not moving it saved it as I'm sure the watercolor paper absorbed the water and color.




Card Size:   A6   6 1/4"  x  4 1/2"

Stamps:   Penny Black-Divine,  Verve-Blue Skies(inside),  Impression Obsession-Remember 

Specialty Paper:   Authentique- Irresistible 6x6

Ink/Color:   Peerless Watercolor,  Distress Inks- Cracked Pistachio and Peeled Paint

Embellishment:   Paper Whimsy- Butterfly,  Swarovski Crystals-Black & Turquoise,  Papertrey Ink- Dew Drops

2 comments:

  1. I never would have thought anything to be "wrong" with this. I think it turned out gorgeous!! I like the bit more of water that gives it more of a watercolor look. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super pretty flowers. I have tried this technique a bunch of times but only kept 1 or 2 of my attempts. I am amazed at yours! Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete