5.12.2015

Sea You!

When I got the colors this week for the Splitcoast Color Challenge I immediately thought "beachy".  The colors are Baked Brown Sugar, Coastal Cabana, Crisp Cantaloupe, Pistachio Pudding and Strawberry Slush.  For this card there is a bit of all of them. I used Distress Inks to create my colors as I don't have SU inks.

I made my own background on a 4 x 4" Art Square. First I used paint to stencil nautilus shells on the white background. After they were dry I smooshed some Distress Inks on my mat and spritzed with water. I then waited for that to dry and stamped a word stamp randomly onto the background. Finally I sprayed Shimmer Spritz Sparkle over the whole thing.

The seashells are made from glossy card stock. I used various Adirondack Alcohol Inks Lights to color the glossy card stock.  Before attaching the shells to my finished piece I used a foam pad and big ball stylus to curve the pieces so they would have dimension.




card size:   5 1/4"  x  5 1/4" 

Stamps:   Hero Arts- Old French Writing

Ink/Color:   Distress Inks- Abandoned Coral, Cracked Pistachio, Bundled Sage, Brushed Corduroy, Spun Sugar,  Adirondack Alcohol Ink Lights- Salmon, Willow, Sandal, Seashell Pink, Aqua,  Paper Artsy Fresco Chalk Paint-Nougat,  Imagine Crafts-Shimmer Spritz Sparkle

Specialty Paper:   DCWV Glitter Stack

Dies:   Impression Obsession- Shells, Memory Box- Brea Ornament and Coral,  Cheery Lynn- Sand Dollar and Starfish

 

2 comments: