5.16.2015

Thank You Kindly

I needed to make a clean & simple card with Thank You as the theme.  I stamped the amonite with Versamark and embossed with white embossing powder.  Instead of hand water coloring the image I tried Bister crystals instead.  I sprayed the image with water.  Using a dry paint brush I dropped little specks of Bister water color crystals mostly inside the embossed image and left to air dry overnight. I'm always amazed at the magic that happens with Bister while you're not watching.  What I like about Bister is that it always has some brown in it plus some unexpected colors in addition to the main color on the jar.  For the Thank You die I cut it out 3 times and glued the pieces together for more thickness.




card size:   A2   5 1/2"  x  4 1/4"

Stamps:   Stampotique- Amonite,  Hero Arts- Stamp & Cut Thanks set

Ink/Color:   Bister- Green and Blue,  VersaMark Ink,  Hero Arts White Embossing Powder

Dies:   Penny Black- Many Thanks(outside),  Hero Arts- Thanks(inside),  MFT- Fishtail Die

3 comments:

  1. This is really pretty. Love the white embossing. nise

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning beauty, Laurene! I love this gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete