5.18.2015

Wings of Courage

This is one of my cards for the Color Challenge at Splitcoast Stampers this week.  I like the look of these colors together.  I don't know if I would have picked these on my own.  I think it's good to try new combinations because sometimes you just get into a rut with color...at least I know I do sometimes. That's why color challenges are good for you ;)

This is a rather large stamp so I had to cut off lots of parts to fit the image to an A7 card.  I think this stamp would be fun to do on a canvas.  It would be fun to try and color with acrylics.  I had a heck of a time with her nose though...watercolor on...daub off...paint...remove...ugh!  I was surprised that all of my reworks didn't ruin the water color paper. That nose is what it is...no apologies :) I'll just keep practicing faces.




card size:   A7  5" x 7"

Stamps:   Prima- "Sharon",  Impression Obsession-Kind Words,  Savvy Stamps-She Flies

Ink/Color:   Distress Inks- Tattered Rose, Black Soot, Scattered Straw, Wild Honey, Seedless Preserves, and a combo of Pine Needles and Stormy Sky.  Archival Jet Black,  Wink of Stella Clear and Black


No comments:

Post a Comment