6.24.2015

Bloomin' Happy Birthday

This card was quite a "build" for me.  I normally don't work so hard on card design but this sketch challenge was just the right thing to keep my mind busy today.  My husband was roped into this endeavor by fussy cutting my "fresh picked" birthday girl for me.  I chose to use bright colors which caused me troubles when I needed to match up card stock.  The dotty black background paper gave the colors some pop and also gave some space for the eyes to rest.  In my world tiny polka dots are a "neutral". ;)





Card Size:   A2  5 1/2"  x  4 1/4"

Stamps:   Papertrey Ink- Little Labels(Happy Birthday),  Taylored Expressions- Big Bold Birthday(inside),  A Day For Daisies- digi  "Picked"

Specialty Paper:   Webster's Pages- Party Time!,  Doodle Bug Kraft In Color-Color 6x6

Ink/Color:   Copic Markers,  Archival Jet Black Ink,  Zig Wink of Stella

Dies:   Memory Box Studio- Circle Layers(scallop),  MFT- Stitched Circles & Rectangles

Tools:   Punch Bunch- Tiny Flower,  Martha Stewart- Leaves punch

Embellishment:   Doodlebug Sprinkles- Ladybug Asst.

2 comments:

  1. Goodness this is colored in just perfectly. What a wonderful and beautiful card!

    Jeannie T.
    Dragonfly Journeys

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I pop on by SCS to look at the Sketch Challenge. First card I see that makes me go "WOW" and it's yours. She's a beauty and you just have phenomenal style. nise

    ReplyDelete