6.15.2015

Dream In Color

This is another card featuring positive and negative stencils.  The background was created using Distress Inks and the "smooshing" technique on watercolor paper.  I then placed the positive feminine shaped stencil over the background and sponged over most of the background with opaque black acrylic paint.  After air drying this layer I used the negative stencil of a word background with sponged white paint to make a background.  I spattered some gold acrylic paint and sprayed with Sheer Shimmer Spritz before removing the positive stencil shape to reveal the original color underneath. I added some more gold to the dress using a gel pen.  I created a very plain inside as I may need this space for writing an uplifting note.




Card Size:   A6   6 1/4"  x  4 1/2"

Ink/Color:   Distress Inks,  Paper Artsy Fresco Chalk Paint- Little Black Dress and Snowflake,  Golden Fluid Acrylics- Iridescent Gold Deep(fine),  Imagine Crafts- Sheer Shimmer Spritz

Dies:   Penny Black- Envision die set(Dream)

Tools:   Crafter's Workshop 6" stencils- Mini Nancy Emily Polly,  Mini Script Believe

No comments:

Post a Comment