6.13.2015

Love Yourself

Every once in awhile I get the urge to make backgrounds or experiment with water color techniques.  I accumulate these pieces in a box until I can figure out ways to use them.  The card I made today is using a piece of water color card stock that I created a quick Brusho background on.  I used a Crafter's Workshop stencil of a woman which had both the positive and negative piece.  I took the positive piece and laid it over my background and sponged around the shape with black matte opaque acrylic paint. Once that was dry I traced the shape with a white gel pen.  I replaced the positive piece and sponged through another stencil using white acrylic paint to create interest and depth in the background. This is a very easy technique and can be used with any coordinating color opaque acrylic paint and shape of choice.  If your stencil doesn't have coordinating positive pieces you can create your own by tracing a simple stencil shape onto window plastic or masking sheets. I got the idea to do this technique from Dina Kowal who hosted the mixed media challenge at Splitcoast Stampers this week.




 Card size:   A6   6 1/4"  x  4 1/2"

Stamps:   Reverse Confetti- Fabulous Flamingo set

Ink/Color:   Paper Artsy Fresco Chalk Paint- Little Black Dress and Snowflake,  Brusho Paint Crystals,  Uni-Ball Signo White Gel Pen

Embellishment:   Tim Holtz Idea-ology- Big Chat

Tools:    The Crafter's Workshop stencils - Be In Love, Sally Carly


No comments:

Post a Comment