6.19.2015

The Bright Side

I like making collage style cards.  I never quite know where they will go when I start them.  This time I had a challenge to help me focus.  The challenge was to create a card using an umbrella and/or rain.  Personally I love the rain but generally "rain" can be used as a description of "troubles".  "When it rains it pours"... which sort of mirrors my own life at the moment.  So of course I have another really good excuse to make a card to cheer someone up and myself as well.  I have so many bits & pieces to dig through when I'm on the hunt for the perfect thing for my mini collage.  I have a little drawer of fairies that my husband was very nice to fussy cut for me.  I picked this fairy because she looked good against the splotchy smooshy background I picked as a base.  Luckily I found a paper pack with a rainy theme and which also matched the colors I had going on.  After that everything sort of came together pretty easily. 




Card Size:   A6   6 1/4"  x  4 1/2"

Specialty Paper:   Echo Park-Sunny Days Ahead 6x6,  Echo Park- Dots & Stripes Brights 8x8,  Simple Stories Snap! Color Vibe- Lights, Brights & Bolds

Ink/Color:   Distress Inks,  Zig Wink of Stella

Dies:   Lawn Fawn Borders-Stitched Hillside,  Memory Box-Petite Umbrella,  MFT- Umbrella,  Poppy Stamps- Forest Mushrooms

Embellishments:   Tim Holtz Idea-ology- Small Talk,  Crafty Secrets- Vintage Scrap Image,  Coffee Break Design- Laser Cut Moon

Stamps:   MFT- Blue Skies set

No comments:

Post a Comment