6.28.2015

Too Much Happy

I am very happy to have used another background piece from my stash.  This one was a little "scary" for color.  Just for fun I stamped this Tim Holtz image onto the background just to see what it would look like because I didn't really didn't think it would work out.  Well- I kinda liked it but it needed some toning down...a lot of toning down.  I used Distress Ink first in Tea Dye and then moved on to Pumice Stone which was the perfect color. I originally used Distress Paint, water and an embossing folder to create the diamond pattern. When I went over the paint with Distress Ink it created some interesting color combinations as the colored paint acted as a resist in spots. I made lots of spatters with white and vintage gold acrylic paint because nothing says happy... like clouds of spatter...right?




Card Size:   A6  6 1/4"  x  4 1/2"

Stamps:   Stamper's Anonymous Tim Holtz- Best Friends

Specialty Paper:   Stardreams- Antique Gold,  Papertrey Ink Text-Style- Itty Bitty Star Basics 8x8,  Crate Paper- Emmas Shoppe 6x6

Ink/Color:   Distress Paint, Paper Artsy Fresco Chalk Finish Paint, Distress Inks- Tea Dye, Pumice Stone, Rusty Hinge,  Golden- Iridescent Bright Gold (fine)

Embellishments:   Tim Holtz Idea-ology- Small Talk,  Coffee Break Design- Laser Cut Vintage Labels

1 comment:

  1. Such a cute card. I love TH stamps and it was perfect with your background.

    ReplyDelete