7.30.2015

Birthday Nebula

Today I made a card for a challenge featuring "space".  I have always been fascinated by depictions of deep space.  I don't know if the colors shown in the nebula are the real colors but they're so beautiful in such an awe inspiring way.  I enjoy listening to Neil Degrasse Tyson explain the mysteries of the universe in ways that the average person can understand and be enchanted by. 

I created this space background by using Brusho watercolor crystals.  To begin with I used removable tape to adhere watercolor card stock to a wooden clipboard.  I spritzed the watercolor paper with water and began dropping in tiny amounts of the more brightly colored Brushos.  I move them around a little with a paint brush.  I then added black Brusho in separated areas.  Finally when the piece wasn't as wet I added white Brusho which just sort of clumped together.  I left it to dry all night.  The next day I spattered white chalk paint twice using different sized brushes and drying between. 




Card Size:   A2   5 1/2"  x  4 1/4"

Stamps:   Penny Black- Sprinkles & Smiles set

Specialty Paper:   Ranger Distress Watercolor Paper

Inks/Color:   Brusho- watercolor crystals,  Archival Jet Black,  white acrylic paint

Embellishments:   Basic Grey- Alphabet stickers,  Doodlebug Design Sprinkles- Graduation Stars

2 comments:

  1. A very beautiful background. Love the brushos, I need to get some. Hmmm, I keep saying that, but still dragging my feet. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heavens!?! This is so beautiful! You and the Brushos have a great thing going. I hope you use them again. nise

    ReplyDelete