7.20.2015

Coucou!

I bought a stamp with a greeting in French because I liked the sound of it...not because I can speak French...woefully I can't.  "Coucou" is such a cheerful way to say hello...much better than "hell-oh".   

I made this cheerful birthday card because I was inspired by the Splitcoast Stampers weekly featured stamper Misti Oblander. A visit to her gallery will feature lots of flowers, some Crazy Birds and House Mouse cards...just to name a few. 

Geraniums are a favorite flower for me because they are so low maintenance.  I had a couple of digital geraniums to choose from.  I found Beccy Muir digital images at her website Beccy's Place.  I like the simplicity yet complexity of her hand drawn designs.  It's hard to tell since I photograph under "white" light but these flowers and leaves are popping with intense bright color in "real life".  I decided to make the vellum border and white emboss my word phrase because I needed to tone a little of my greens down.  My digital camera just goes crazy when I photograph bright green.  I colored with Copic markers and added highlights with a Berol Prisma color pencil.





Card Size:   A2   5 1/2"  x  4 1/4"

Stamps:   Stampotique- Coucou!,  MFT- Tickled Pink,  Becky Muir- geranium digital

Specialty Paper:   Authentique- Spectrum Series I

Inks/Color:   Copic Markers,  Hero Arts- White Embossing Powder,  VersaMark Ink

Dies:   Memory Box- Chesapeake Scroll Work and Villanti Crest,  MFT- Framing Flourishes and Stitched Stax Squares

Embellishment:   Zva Creative- Pink Pearls

2 comments:

  1. Hi Laurene,
    Your card is lovely and you've done a wonderful job colouring the image.
    I'm very curious about where you obtained my image since I'm not actually on Etsy. Would you mind providing me with the link to the place you found it? My email address is beccymuir@yahoo.com
    Thanks Laurene.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry for attributing the source of your digital images to Etsy. This was an error in memory on my part. I have made correction to this post.

      Delete