7.08.2015

Possibilities

This was one of those days where I literally could have run away to join the circus.  I have so many chores building up.  Who likes household drudgery?...not me...not today.  I decided I was going to take a stab at clearing my stamp studio but got distracted by the Wednesday Sketch Challenge at Splitcoast Stampers.  It was an interesting sketch - a little wonky with parts sticking out past the edge of the card and a few angles.  I took a background I had created using Distress Inks and an embossing folder.  It was a boring piece that needed a lot of "love" to make it come to life.  I stamped my three piece circus parade on top of the design using the MISTI tool.  Then I tried a technique that was new for me.  I brushed bleach onto parts of the stamped image to remove stray parts of the background design.  I did this on the face, dress, elephant's blanket/saddle and other small spots.  I heated the bleach to dry using my heat tool.  It worked great!  Now I could water color those nice clean areas.





Card Size:   A2   5 1/2"  x  4 1/4"

Stamps:   Character Construction- Cirque #13,  Penny Black-Amazing set(inside)

Specialty Paper:   Echo Park-Dots & Stripes,  Amy Tangerine- Rise & Shine,  Joy Crafts- Vintage Textures

Ink/Color:   Distress Inks,  Archival Jet Black

Dies:   Poppy Stamps- Classic Ribbons,  MFT- Fishtail Flags,  Waltzing Mouse- Stitched Scallops

Embellishments:   German Scrap,  Recollections- Gold Balls,  Tiny Attacher

No comments:

Post a Comment