7.17.2015

Relax

Ah-h-h the dog days of summer.  It's hard to be too motivated in the midst of the summer doldrums.  I decided to take on a challenge which involved a simple request to make a card using anything that flies.  I jumped at the opportunity to use another background from my stash.  This background started with a design page from Cosmo Cricket's Just Add Water series.  These are somewhat thin watercolor papers already printed with a clear lacquer or gold foil design.  I added Peerless watercolors to this piece.  It dried pretty wavy but I used a heavy red liner tape to adhere it and everything smoothed out fine.  I would definitely use less water on future "Just Add Water" pieces.  I do like the design concept of this paper line.  I added a camouflaged word die (relax) to this card and added more die layers for a total of five.  I liked the more chunky look of the word for this card.




card size:   A6   6 1/4"  x  4 1/2"

Stamps:   MFT- Chalkboard Greetings

Specialty Paper:   Cosmo Cricket Just Add Water 8" x 8",  Stardreams Copper, Pale Blue Vellum

Ink/Color:   Peerless Watercolor,  Fine Tec- Metallic Watercolor

Dies:   Poppy Stamps- Princess and Josefina Butterflies,  Memory Box- Vivienne and Darla Butterflies,  Simon Says Stamp- Relax

Embellishments:   Queen & Co-  Droplets Yellow, 

No comments:

Post a Comment