7.13.2015

Soar.Enjoy.Live

This was one of my most favorite backgrounds.  It is very subtle but has a lot of texture.  I embossed the Hero Arts Leafy Vines background in white on watercolor card stock.  I then taped the piece to a wooden clip board, added some water, and dropped in four Distress Ink colors.  I allowed it to air dry overnight.  When I looked at it the next day I could see it was very pastel but knew it would make an interesting background piece.  Today when I chose it for the background for this card I sprayed it a couple of time with a clear glitter spray.  I was just going to have the fairy flying but decided to have fun building a little scene.  This was one of those cards that I just kept adding little things to. It was an enjoyable way to spend a hot & muggy afternoon... down in my chilly stamp room.  I used the Irresistible Pico Embellisher for the first time today.  It was very easy to make all the dots on the mushrooms.  The hard part was just waiting 30 minutes for it to dry.




A6   6 1/4"  x  4 1/2"

Stamps:   Character Construction- Time Keepers #16,  Hero Arts- Leafy Vines,  Stamper's Anonymous- The Journey,  Verve- Words of Wisdom(inside),  Verve-Wings of Love(soar.)

Specialty Paper:   Simple Stories Snap!- Color Vibe,  Lawn Fawn- Polka Dot Mon Amie,  BoBunny- Double Dots Soft Shades,  Chickaniddy Crafts- Collection Pad

Ink/Color:   Distress Inks,  Copic Markers, Hero Arts- White Emboss Powder,  Irresistible Pico Embellisher- Wedding Dress(white),  Imagine Crafts- Sheer Shimmer Spritz,  Wink of Stella

Dies:   Character Construction- fairy,  Poppy Stamps- Bunny Buddies and Forest Mushrooms,  Memory Box- Donnington Tendril,  Simon Says Stamp- Mini Stars,  Tim Holtz- Butterfly Frenzy,  Martha Stewart- Pine Branch punch

Embellishment:   Papertrey Ink- Clear drops (adhered with Ranger Glossy Accents)

2 comments:

  1. Every little detail of your creations is exquisite! This is amazing and oh so sweet. What are the sparkly white flourishes -- stamps, dies or patterned paper?? nise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nise. Thanks you for the kind comments...you certainly make this blog less lonesome :) The flourishes are the Hero Arts stamp called Leafy Vines. It's sort of a big corner background stamp. I sprayed the Sheer Shimmer Spritz over the background. It's sort of like Wink of Stella but in spray form...very light and twinkly.

      Delete