7.29.2015

Violet Faerie

Sometimes I just get a little tired of current stamping trends i.e. miniature sized "cute critters"...and go off on a search for new pretty, alternative and/or realistic stamps.  My last search led me to Aurora Wings on Etsy.  If you love faeries both whimsical and realistic these digital stamps are drawn beautifully.  I colored this design with Copics and practiced some more on hair.  I also learned a tip about adding two or more white dots to the eyes for a more realistic shine effect.  I'm sorry I'm not sure where I learned that as I was binge watching You Tube this past Sunday.  I will update when I figure it out.  I also have used the Wednesday Sketch Challenge at Splitcoast Stampers for the card design today.  I think it made a nice backdrop for my main image.






 Card Size:   A6   6 1/4"  x  4 1/2"

Stamps:   Reverse Confetti- In A Big Way set,  Aurora Wings- faerie,  

Specialty Paper:   Santoro London- Mix 6x6,  Maja Design- Stripes scrap

Ink/Color:   Archival Jet Black,  Copic markers,  Uniball Signo White gel pen,  Prisma Color Pencils- White and Parma Violet

Embellishments:   Papertrey Ink- clear Drops,  Misc. Sequins

Dies:   Memory Box- Meridian Border

No comments:

Post a Comment