8.12.2015

Mermaid Tale

This card features a simple background.  Using Distress Inks I added just two colors to a wet background.  The colors were left to dry naturally so that they flowed and combined with each other. To use up the green I then took an old gift card and stamped into the watered down color and applied it to the bottom of the card to resemble sea grass.  All of the other images were stamped after everything dried completely. I ended up using some epoxy colored bubbles to cover up some stamping boo-boos.  When I stamped the little clear bubbles on the bottom I didn't notice that I was inking a little more of that stamp than I wanted.  The full stamp is very large I was just using one bubble on the tip of the design. I had a little "ghost" stamping to cover up.  I used the MISTI tool to get the silhouette images as dark as possible by stamping more than once.




Card Size:   A2  5 1/2"  x  4 1/4"

Stamps:   Lavinia -Silhouette Mermaid, Zen Single Grass and Willow,  Designs by Ryn- Rising Bubbles,  Justrite- Grand Birthday Sentiments

Specialty Paper:   Ranger Distress Water Color paper

Ink/Color:   Distress Inks- Cracked Pistachio and Peeled Paint,  Archival Olive and Jet Black inks,  Acrylic Paint

Dies:   MFT- Stitched Stax Square(inside)

Embellishment:   Doodlebug Design Sprinkles- Winter Asst. ,  Recollections- Pastel epoxy dots

No comments:

Post a Comment