8.05.2015

Shabby Heart

I made this card for a Dare to Get Dirty Challenge at Splitcoast Stampers.  It's a simple shabby collage of sorts.  It's been ages since I distressed paper edges.  The background is one from my stash that featured a watercolor look.  I sponged a lined background image with a variety of watered down Distress paints.  Once I stamped that on the water color paper I added enough water on the top edge to get the lines to run into drips. 

The heart is made using the "Ceiling Tile" technique. I started with a matte black card stock. I embossed the heart design using a clear embossing powder that had a light sheen of gold interference powder.  I painted a dusty pink chalk paint over the embossing and allowed it to dry just a bit.  Then I used a damp sponge to remove paint from the raised/ embossed areas. I hand tore around the edges of the heart. When I had the card complete I lightly spritzed the whole card front with Sheer Shimmer Spritz Sparkle to add some subtle "sugar".




Card Size:   A6  6 1/4 x 4 1/2"

Stamps:   Stampington & Company- Scroll Heart, Impression Obsession-Just for You Text(on background), Stamper's Anonymous- Crazy Talk(I love you)

Ink/Color:   Distress Paint, Acrylic Chalk Paint, Hero Arts White Embossing Powder,  Imagine Crafts Sheer Shimmer Spritz Sparkle, Archival Jet Black ink

Dies:   La-La Land- Wings

Embellishment:   Martha Stewart-White Mini Pearls,  American Crafts- DIY Chalkboard



No comments:

Post a Comment