8.26.2015

Thanks So Much

I love this French Kissed image "Arm Script".  She really has the look that I wanted for a thank you card.  It's always fun going through my bits and pieces to find interesting things to go with my card theme.  Sometimes when my card making mojo is off I pre-make embellishments and/or experiment with techniques.  This leaves me with lots of odd parts to use in future cards. 

The dress form was cut from thin cardboard packing material.  I lightly rubbed Distress Ink over it, spritzed with water and dried with a heat tool.  Then I rubbed VersaMark over the top and added a couple layers of Wow Clear Matte Dull embossing powder.  It actually turned out shiny so I don't know what happened there.  It was far from the "rusty" look I originally was going for.  The spool was cut from Grunge Board which is flexible.  I used the same embossing powder over Distress Ink and then crackled it by bending and twisting. 

I created the photo frame from watercolor paper that I had water colored using a vintage palette with Distress Inks.  A funny thing about my background papers is that this collection is a pet/dog collection.  Aren't the vintage patterns I pulled out of that collection awesome?  I really like the color combo.  It set the mood for the card.  I also really like the Santoro London paper which comes in a variety of finishes and styles.  The piece I chose felt like canvas.




Card Size:  A7   7"x 5"

Stamps:   Hero Arts- Heartfelt Messages

Specialty Paper:   Authentique- Devoted,  Santoro London-Mix

Ink/Color:   Archival Jet Black,  Distress Inks,  

Dies:   Sizzix Alterations- Sewing Room,  Sizzlet Vintage Lace,  Penny Black- Many Thanks,  Poppy Stamps- Classic Ribbons,  MFT- Rectangle Frame

Embellishments:   Basic Grey- Metal Studs Stars,  My Minds Eye "Follow Your Heart" twine

No comments:

Post a Comment