8.13.2015

You Make Me Happy

When I started making this card I was simply trying to make a "guy card".  But as with many of my cards there is usually some of my self in there.  I would give this card to my husband as an anniversary card.  We have been married for over 41 years.  Of course it is the good times that we hold dear but really it's surviving the "storms" that I cherish the most.  I'm happy to  say that my own "umbrella man" has been there for me unconditionally...even when the raindrops are this big :) 

I made a background using gray or black Brusho.  Brusho contains bits of other colors until you blend them together.  Once well blended you will achieve one color. By doing a quick spritz of water you get to keep all of those colorful confetti bits.  I use all of the watercolor crystals...Brusho, Bister and now the new Color Bursts.  They each have special qualities that I enjoy.




 Card Size:  A6  6 1/4"  x  4 1/2"

Stamps:   Designs by Ryn- Sideways Droplets and Raindrops,  Casual Fridays- Sunbeams(front words),  MFT- Blue Skies Ahead(inside)

Specialty Paper:  Ranger Distress Watercolor

Ink/Color:   Brusho Watercolor Crystals,  Archival Jet Black,  Imagine Crafts Shimmer Spritz Sparkle

Dies:   Sizzix Tim Holtz- Umbrella Man

No comments:

Post a Comment