9.03.2015

Poinsettia Wishes

This is another early Christmas card.  I used the Tim Holtz layering stencil "Poinsettia" to create the background.  I water-colored Distress Inks through the stencil with a small flat brush.  I didn't over use the water so there was no leaking under the stencil. Once the flowers and leaves were dry I used the bullet tip of matching Distress Ink markers to add details. I then added another layer of water colored Distress Ink to shading.

I wanted a lot of texture to add interest to the background.  I spattered with acrylic paints and randomly dotted with an Irresistible Pico Embellisher.  I added acrylic glitter sprinkle dots, pearls and tiny sparkly stars.




Card Size:   A2   5 1/2" x 4 1/4"

Stamps:   Hero Arts-Joy To The World,  Hero Arts- Stamp & Cuts Joy

Ink/Color:   Distress Inks pad & marker,  Golden Iridescent Bright Gold acrylic paint,  Paper Artsy Fresco Paint- Plum,  Uniball Gold gel pen,  Irresistible Pico Embellisher- Wedding Dress,  Ranger Queens Gold Embossing Powder(inside),  Hero Arts White Embossing Powder

Die:   Hero Arts- "Joy"

Embellishment:   DoCrafts Papermania Adhesive Gems,  Doodlebug Sprinkles- Lily White Glitter,  Martha Stewart Mini Pearls

No comments:

Post a Comment