10.07.2015

Bump in the Night

This is a very subtly styled Halloween card.  It began as an experiment with Distress Inks.  I wanted to see what would happen if I combined Rusty Hinge with Wilted Violet on a watercolor background.  I added both colors using a paint brush to drop onto a piece of Ranger Distress Watercolor card stock that I had wet well with water and taped down to a board.  I left the piece to dry naturally to see if doing so would reduce the "mud" that I expected.  Instead- both colors played together really well.  My intentions were to make this into a sympathy card but it really did look like a walk through the woods on Halloween.




Card Size:  A2  5 1/2" x 4 1/4"

Stamps:   Hero Arts- Happy Halloween clear set,  Inkadinkado- Creepy Crawly(spider),  Impression Obsession(spider string)

Specialty Paper:   Authentique- Spectrum Series 1

Ink/Color:   Distress Inks,  Archival Jet Black

Dies:   Penny Black Serenity

Embellishment:   Little B- Black Bats,  Tim Holtz Idea-ology-  Small Talk Occasions

No comments:

Post a Comment