11.16.2015

Santa Ornament

I have two Christmas trees that I swap out year to year.  I have the "spa" tree which is a flocked tree. It's calm and somewhat monochromatic in sage green, cream, and cocoa.  I have pretty silvery mercury glass ornaments, pine cones, and tatted snowflakes on that one.  I like that one because it matches my house decor.  Then I have the traditional "memory" tree.  It's full of gaudy old ornaments bought through out the years and a few remaining baubles that my kids made ages ago.  It's like reading a book about our family to see all the history on that tree.  It's well loved and as eclectic as can be.  This year it will be time for the memory tree  :)

I just love vintage/retro Christmas ornaments.  When I saw this digital stamp it sure brought back memories.  I took no time to fuss about coloring the image...no extra time at all spent shading...very simple and enjoyable to color. I added some quirky layers to enhance the retro feel of the ornament.




Card Size:   A2  5 1/2" x 4 1/4"

Stamps:   Papertrey Ink-Holiday Wishes,  Power Poppy- Glittering Glass Santa(digi)

Specialty Paper:   My Favorite Things- Fresh Squeezed Chevron

Ink/Color:   Copic Markers, UniBall Signo White Gel Pen,  Wink of Stella

Dies:   Waltzing Mouse- Scalloped Stitched layers,  Memory Box-Cross Stitched Frame Borders,  Impression Obsession-Photo Corners,  Simon Says Stamp- Thought Bubbles

No comments:

Post a Comment