11.14.2015

We Three Trees

I have been so busy this Fall but I have scheduled myself some stamping time just for sanity sake.  I still haven't brought out my seasonal stamps but that is my goal this weekend.  I recently received this Sizzix tree die set.  I really have quite a collection of graphic tree dies as I love adding these to my Christmas cards. 

I previously made some pretty eclectic Brusho backgrounds...translation = what was I thinking when I chose some of these colors?  These were not backgrounds but more like foregrounds.  I thought- well how perfect for these die cut trees.  I then looked through some of my "vintage" wood mounts and found some lovely old images to decorate the die cuts. 

I used the same die cut set to cut the trunks out of corrugate.  I painted the trunks and little wooden stars with gold acrylic paint.  I found that the "stair step" height look of my three trees needed a balance so I included the star.  Quick and easy-peasy.




Card Size:   A2  5 1/2" x 4 1/4"

Stamps:   Stampers Anonymous-Collage,  Stampington & Co.-The Saint,  Acey Deucy-The Empress and Legatoria,  Penny Black- Holiday Snippets (outside),  Papertrey Ink- Warmest Wishes set(All is Calm) inside

Specialty Paper:   Stardreams Antique Gold

Ink/Color:   Brusho Watercolor Crystals,  Archival Jet Black,  Golden- Iridescent Gold Deep acrylic paint,  Wink of Stella

Dies:   Sizzix- Stephanie Ackerman Trees,  Memory Box- Stars of Wonder

Embellishment:   Impress- Clear Pearls

No comments:

Post a Comment