12.15.2015

Oh Christmas Tree

This card came together very quickly and easily.  I used three Distress Ink pads smooshed onto acetate and spritzed with water to create a very quick watercolor background.  I love this technique because using the clear acetate allows you to place color where you like.  The first layer is the wettest. Once that is mostly dry I add color from what is left on the acetate.  Sometimes I spray more water onto the ink remaining on the acetate to get more coverage.  My favorite thing though is to use the little ink droplets that are left on the acetate after the first use...just as they are...and just kind of "stamp" them with the acetate.

I found three cardstock colors that were similar to the Distress Inks I used for the background.  Isn't this tree die set just the most adorable?  I love the clean lines and retro feel to the trees.  I just might have to make another card using these trees because they are just that fun! :)




 Card Size:  A2   5 1/2" x 4 1/4"

Stamps:   Papertrey Ink- Snowglobe Sentiments(outside),  Penny Black-Believe Set(inside)

Ink/Color:   Distress Ink- Wilted Violet, Twisted Citron, Pine Needles, VersaMark Ink, Hero Arts Embossing Powder White

Dies:   Poppy Stamps Stitched Pine Trees,  Poppy Stamps Stick Pine Trees,  Lawn Fawn- Stitched Hillside Borders and Rectangle Stackables,  Taylored Expressions- Banner Stacklets,  Waltzing Mouse- Stitched Scallop Layers, the crescent moon was made using a circle punch.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment