12.14.2015

Oh Deer

I have been saving this very drab background I made last summer in hopes that someday I would find a use for it.  I like how it looks with the bright silver reindeer deer so I am happy to add this card to my "man cards" for Christmas.

I first stamped a word background over a matte coat card stock using VersaMark ink.  Once that was dry I brayered a gray die ink over the word background.  It was pretty subtle so I added a fine mist of Shimmer Spray.  Still not liking it I added a star stenciled background using a silver embossing paste.  Finally I threw it into my holding bin because that background was not ever going to work for a summer card. You can tell that I'm getting just a little bit desperate here as I search for inspiration to finish my Christmas cards.  ;)




 Card size:   A2  5 1/2" x 4 1/4"

Stamps:   Penny Black- Holiday Snippets(outside),  Mama Elephant- Jingle Greetings(inside)

Ink/Color:   Studio 490 Embossing Paste Silver,  Archival Jet Black

Specialty Paper:   DCWV Glitter Cardstock Stack 6x6

Dies:   Impression Obsession- Reindeer Flourish and Cardinals

Embellishments:   Docrafts Papermania Adhesive Stones- Silver

1 comment: