1.29.2016

Iris Wishes

Today I joined an interesting Free For All Challenge at Splitcoast Stampers where you had to use part of an adult coloring book page on your card.  I bought some adult coloring books at Christmas for gifts.  This coloring book never ended up being gifted...I just couldn't give it up. 

The coloring book has page after page of fashionistas dressed in amazing floral couture. I only used a portion of an image for my card because they're quite large.  I suppose I could have scanned the image- reduced it and printed it on better quality paper but I wanted to use the actual color book page.  Let me tell you Copics are pretty interesting to work with on such thin paper but they did work.  You could only really tell what color/shading you achieved after the paper dried. 

I cut out the image mostly because the background paper was full of black specks of unknown origin...they were not erasable. There are some specks on her too but not too noticeable. I like how the image looks on the decorative paper background.  It adds a little interest.





Card Size:  A6  6 1/4" x 4 1/2"

Stamps:   Wplus9 Design- Strictly Sentiments

Specialty Paper:   Kaisercraft - Fairy Dust Collection 6.5" x 6.5"

Ink/Color:   Copic Markers,  Berol Prisma Color Pencils,  Zig Wink of Stella,  Art Glitter- Mustard Ultra Fine Transparent

2 comments:

  1. Gosh, Laurene, you always know what is fabulous on a card without having to lump it all up or get too busy, so I always enjoy looking at what you share. You did your usual fabulous here. I'm conflicted about these coloring books. Because I own what frankly amounts to a stamp inventory that would rival that of a small store, I feel that I need to make my own pages to color, then wait hold up, how about just coloring stamped images! That way I could use them, lol. So I love that you used your page. Saw Split Coast's discussion about this in the weekly send out. I do know one thing, if I did ever have a coloring book, I would scan in all the pages, then print out on the cardstock I am used to. To do otherwise would just stress me out, lol. Have a great week / weekend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete