3.13.2016

A Happy Hello

Daylight Savings Time and drizzle makes for a deadly combination.  I feel like Sylvester the cartoon cat using toothpicks to prop my eyelids open.  Nothing gets me going like color though.  This card would have been much quicker if I hadn't stamped all of my flower heads and water colored them before figuring out the stems.  I blame that on the weather and lack of sleep giving me the gray fuzzies.  So-o-o-o I had to hand draw them instead of using the lovely stems provided with the set.  I added some of the leaves from the stamp set with some modification. 

This card was created for this weeks Featured Stamper at Splitcoast Stampers.  I used an idea from a card in Julie's gallery that included multiple torn layers.  I think it added some fun interest and texture to the card. 




Card Size:   A6  6 1/4" x 4 1/2"

Stamps:   MFT- Sketched Blooms,  Paper Smooches- Fun & Flirty(A Happy Hello)

Specialty Paper:   Arches Hot Press Watercolor Paper,  MFT- Plaid Patterns 6x6,  Bella Blvd.- Orange Strandz and Red Strandz(reverse side) 12 x 12

Ink/Color:   Distress Ink Pads,  Archival Jet Black,  Sharpie Fine Point White Paint Marker


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card and you did an awesome job drawing the stems! xoxo

    ReplyDelete