3.12.2016

Calla Lilies

I had the perfect background in mind when I recently received this Penny Black stamp (Elegance). I created this background with some left over Distress Ink using the smooshing technique.  I used the rough side of the Ranger watercolor paper.  I had also happily received the new smaller Misti so my impression of the calla lily on that rough paper was nice and even.  I used bleach and a paint brush to bleach the background color from the lilies, stems, ribbon and leaves.  Once they were dry I water-colored them with Distress inks.

I wanted more depth to the background so I stenciled using some PaperArtsy Fresco paint in a pale purple color (Moonlight).  I stamped on top of that with Archival Jet Black ink.  Then I used a sponge dauber to paint white on a tiny typed border collage stamp and randomly stamped that.  It was very hard to photograph and my colors got so washed out but in real life it has more saturation of color.




A6   6 1/4" x 4 1/2"

Stamps:   Penny Black- Elegance,  Hero Arts- Old Writing,  Limited Edition- Type/Text Background Border,  WPlus9- Strictly Sentiments(inside)

Ink/Color:   Distress Inks,  PaperArtsy Fresco Paint- Moonlight and Snowflake,  Wink of Stella,  Archival Jet Black

Dies:   Impression Obsession- Photo Corners

Misc:   The Crafter's Workshop Mini Carte Postale stencil 6x6

1 comment:

  1. Stunning! Thank you for describing your process. xoxo

    ReplyDelete