3.06.2016

Dear Friend of Mine

This background is made using three primary colors allowed to flow together to create new colors.  This was created for a challenge on Splitcoast Stampers.  I started with a "pinky" red, a "greeny" blue and yellow.  I scribbled the colors onto hot press watercolor paper and spritzed with water until it started moving.  I then allowed the piece to air dry. 

I was a initially disappointed with the size of the Penny Black Half Circle die. I hadn't looked at the product details... just some samples which I assumed were standard card size.  I found a frame die which fit the Half Circle die fairly well and assembled a dimensional piece using the die, frame and foam tape to fit over the watercolor background.  The die does actually work fine as a focal piece.  I'm sure I will be using it a lot.




Card Size:   A2   5 1/2" x 4 1/4"

Stamps:   Alte New- Thinking of You set (Dear Friend, Thinking of You)

Ink/Color:   Kuretake Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers

Specialty Paper:   Arches Hot Press Watercolor Paper

Dies:   MFT- Rectangle Frames,  Penny Black- Half Circle


No comments:

Post a Comment