3.21.2016

Sending Sunshine

Spring is just around the corner!  I love the extra light in the day although this time of year it's more like 50 shades of gray.  Perhaps that was the spark for a sunshine card. 

I used a pre-done watercolor background.  It was just water colored a pale yellow and blue.  It was a "spark" background where I know I need to add things to finish it.  I added a pastel tiny netting pattern over it using a pigment pad.  Then I stamped a small word type of background using an Archival Ink.  To make an uneven print I smudged off color before stamping. 

I was going to use the die that came with the stamp set to pop the whole thing off the background but I wanted the background to show through the mason jar.  I just stamped the whole image over the background.  I then stamped the flowers twice. I water colored them, cut them out and popped up three of the flowers. I also cut out the ribbon as I didn't want my bow ending up green.




Card Size:   A2  5 1/2" x 4 1/4"

Stamps:   Stamping Bella- Mason Jar of Flowers,  Flourishes Hollyhock set(inside/outside words),  Impression Obsession- Secret Code,  unknown- small netting background

Specialty Paper:   Ranger Distress Watercolor Paper,  MFT- Off The Grid

Ink/Color:   Distress Inks,  Hero Hues Pigment Ink- Unicorn Pastel Blue,  Archival- Aquamarine and Jet Black,  PaperArtsy Fresco Paint- Little Black Dress,  Silks Acrylic Glaze- Ice

Dies:   Lawn Fawn- Rectangle Stackables,  Waltzing Mouse- Stitched Scallops Rectangles

1 comment:

  1. A perfect card to usher in the start of Spring, xoxo.

    ReplyDelete