4.10.2016

Enjoy The Day Deer

I have always loved the vintage photos featuring anthropomorphic animals.  Anthropomorphism is defined as giving human characteristics to animals.  An example would be showing animals dressed in human clothes and/or with a human form.  There are hundreds of vintage photographs featuring all kinds of animals such as deer, moose, elephants, bears, lions, giraffes, birds...even kittens dressed in vintage clothes of the times.  They would often use their vintage "photo shop" technology to replace a human head in a photo with an animal head. 

I found this new to me company that carries "anthromorphes" in stamp form.  Previously I ordered Katzelkraft overseas. Now some of their designs are available through The Frantic Stamper here in the states. The stamp sheets are available in rubber form without cushion at this time.  I just trim them out of the rubber sheet and use them on some blocks which I have reusable adhesive attached to.

I would also like to mention Prima Paintables which are a fun mixture of watercolor sheets in different styles.  I really enjoy using the resist sheets.  The quality of the watercolor paper is very nice.  I used a piece of a watercolored background for my deer lady.

I used this weeks card sketch at Splitcoast Stampers to design my card.  I turned the design to be tall instead of wide.





Card Size:   A2   5 1/2" x 4 1/4"

Stamps:   Katzelkraft- Les Anthromorphes,  Daisy Bucket- Enjoy The Day,  Crafty Secrets- Grand Greetings set(Celebrate)

Specialty Paper:   Prima Paintables 6x6- Salvage District,  LilyBee Design- Picket Fence Tiny Tablet,  Farmhouse Paper Co- #302 Paris

Ink/Color:   Distress inks

Dies:   Taylored Expressions- Banner Stacklets #1

Embellishment:   Prima Say It In Crystals- Epiphany,  Tim Holtz Idea-ology- Small Talk Occasions (word stickers)

1 comment:

  1. Well, not really into the anthromorphs, but you create beautifully with them. Just ordered a Prima coloring book with some resist sheets in it, hoping to play! xoxo

    ReplyDelete