6.05.2016

Rose Wishes

I have been wanting to try out this beautiful Penny Black stamp using their signature style of watercolor.  I hand colored the stamp with Distress Markers using one shade of red and one of green.  While it was freshly colored I used a waterbrush to go over all of the shaded portions of the lower rose.  Once that dried a little I added more color for depth.  I added a light layer of a more coral color- probably Ripe persimmon.  I finished the leaves using 3 colors of green.  Then I left it overnight.  I had cleaned up my work surface so I guessed at the colors I had used.  When the Distress Marker color dries into this type of watercolor paper it doesn't really dissolve anymore so all color had to be added.  I also used a paint brush to color the top flower.  Not quite a match! uh-oh...but I like the interest it gave to the image.  I used a bigger brush to add blue and a touch of watery reds around the rose once it was completely dry.  The black specks were flicked on for a final bit of texture.




Card Size:   A2  5.5" x 4.25"

Stamps:   Penny Black-Scented Beauty,  Hero Arts- Everyday Messages(Best Wishes),  Clearly Besotted- Brushed Greetings #2 Happy Birthday(inside)

Specialty Paper:   Arches Hot Press watercolor paper,  Echo Park Bundle of Joy Dots & Stripes

Ink/Color:   Distress Ink Markers,  Dr Ph Martin Radiant Watercolor Black

Dies:   Impression Obsession- Photo Corners, Simon Says Stamp- Sketchy Banner,  Lawn Fawn- Rectangle Stackable

Embellishment:   Queen & Co- Droplets

No comments:

Post a Comment