7.05.2016

A Fine Birthday

My grandson Trey has a big birthday coming up later this year.  He will be 18.  He hopes to do a little traveling before attending collage.  One of his favorite places is England.  He loves the "olde" style or the more historical parts of England.  I recently received this stamp and thought I could make him a birthday card with that old vintage English vibe.  

I used a lot of stamps on the background so that I could add layers of interest.  Everything was stamped or sponged with distress ink so that I could get some good water drips and splotches going for more texture.  I haven't made a vintage style card for awhile and it feels like home :)




 Card Size:  A6  6.25" x 4.50"

Stamps:   Carabelle Studio- "Man and Bird",  Viva LasVegas Stamps-Ledger Page and French Writing,  Stampa Rosa- Cancellation,  Hampton Arts- Splatter,  Paper Inspirations- Pitting Texture,  Stamper's Anonymous- Vintage Keyboard,  Hero Arts- Many Birthday Wishes

Ink/Color:   Distress Inks,  Archival Jet Black

Dies:   Cheery Lynn- Steampunk Corners

Specialty Paper:   Authentique- Accomplished (brick),  Farm House- Sugar Hill

Embellishment:   Prima Metal Embellishments (round corner pieces),  7 Gypsies- Antique Brass Trim Corners,  Tim Holtz Idea-ology Small Talk Occasions


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment