7.04.2016

Be Original

My first and only time (so far) that I sold my cards at a craft fair I was asked by a customer to make some "goth style" cards.  I do love Daniel Torrente's images at Stampotique.  They are a little quirky to be sure which really endears them to me. I was actually glad that I can put some of these stamps to good use as I work to add to my stock of cards for sale.

I used a watercolor background from my stash to start with.  I knew I would be bleaching to remove color.  This works best on the Ranger Distress watercolor paper.  My other more expensive watercolor paper...generally the paper with more cotton in it...doesn't release the color as well.  Once I bleached the color from the image I dried with a heat tool and then water-colored with new color.  I used white colored pencil to add more white to the face.  The other white embellishing was from a Sharpie white paint pen.  I spattered a little bleach on the background and added black paint speckles for more texture.




Card Size:  A2  5.50" x 4.25"

Stamps:   Stampotique- Prom Queen and Swirl Stalks,  Reverse Confetti- Posted Note Sentiments

Specialty Paper:   Snap!Color Vibe- Lights,Brights & Bolds(polkadots)

Ink/Color:   Zig Kuretake Brush Markers,  Archival Jet Black Ink,  Bleach,  PaperArtsy Fresco Paint- Little Black Dress

Embellishment:   Prima- Flower Centers

 

No comments:

Post a Comment