7.01.2016

I'm Here For You

I took advantage of some unexpected extra time to make a card for a Splitcoast Stampers challenge.  The main challenge was relatively simple...use a word phrase that you especially like to use.  Also since it features mixed media I decided to add a little more than usual to my background. 

The background started as a graduated blue watercolor wash.  I added a tiny word background which I randomly colored with Distress Ink.  I noticed that I had stamped a portion upside down so first I did some water sprinkling to distort the letters.  I then decided to add some stenciling using a swirly background and some white acrylic paint.  I heat dried that and then rubbed some green Distress Ink on top of the lower pattern so my Crazy Bird would have a place to stand.  I wiped away some of the ink to allow the swirls to stand out.  Finally I spattered the background with black acrylic paint.

I still love these crazy birds but I'm looking forward to the new crazy dogs which will be coming soon :)




Card Size:  A2  5.50" x 4.25"

Stamps:   Stamper's Anonymous/Tim Holtz- Bird Crazy,  MFT- Whimsical Greeting,  MFT-Own Your Own Story(word background)

Specialty Paper:   Ranger Distress Watercolor Paper

Ink/Color:   Distress Ink,  Archival Jet Black,  PaperArtsy Chalk Finish Acrylic Paint,  Sharpie Extra Fine Paint Pen-White

Dies:   MFT- Stitched Sun,  Taylored Expressions- Swirly Clouds,  Lawn Fawn- Rectangle Stackables

No comments:

Post a Comment