7.10.2016

To Love People

The Inspiration Challenge at Splitcoast Stampers was perfect for me this week.  The challenge was to be inspired by a Pinterest  board that featured black and white items.
When you're working in black & white you either have to be very clever with your card design or choose a interesting stamp. Lazy me...I let the stamp do all of the hard work.  She is such a starry beauty and lovely enough to stay uncolored.  The sentiment is also very special to me and I love that it exists in stamp form.  I did use die cut frames on the card exterior and interior.  I held my breath as I was poised above the exterior stamped piece ready to lay down the cut frame- as there was no room for error or white edges would show.  Whew!  Once I was done I thought how silly to add the die cut frames when I could have just layered card stock for the same effect.  I also "killed" my old star(and moon) punch on this project.  It just fell apart with small pieces rolling into all corners.
This is another reason I am happy that thin dies were invented...less moving parts :)




 Card Size:  A2  5.50" x 4.25"

Stamps:   Stampland- Lady of the Night,  Papertrey Ink- Choose Joy(front phrase),  WPlus9- Sweet Nothings(inside)

Ink/Color:   Archival Jet Black

Dies:   MFT- Rectangle Frames


1 comment:

  1. Hi, I came across this on Audrie's Pinterest Genius board. Wanted to tell you it was a most worthy selection! I love Stampland images as well. Nice pairing of the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete