10.14.2016

Here For You

I created this card for a challenge on Splitcoast Stampers.  Can you guess what the challenge was?  Umbrellas!  This was a fun card to make because it has just enough "putsy" to make me happy.  I love adding those little details

I scribbled a Speed Ball Elegant Writer onto a palette to watercolor the cloud background.  The diluted ink breaks up into some interesting colors as it dries.  I used Distress Inks for the sky (Stormy Sky and Peacock). I spattered some acrylic paint for texture. The whole background is spritzed with a fine clear glitter.  Swarovski crystals and glitter drops add even more shine. I backed the petite umbrellas with an adhesive before die cutting which saves me so much time.  The 'brellas are popped up on dimensionals.




 Card Size:   A2  5.50" x 4.25"

Stamps:   MFT- Umbrella Set(I'm here...),  MFT-Blue Skies Ahead(cheer up)

Specialty Paper:   What the Doodle Water Color Sheets 

Ink/Color:   Distress Inks,  Speed Ball Elegant Writer Pen,  PaperArtsy Fresco Paint- Mermaid,  Nuvo Glitter Drops- White Blizzard,  Sheer Shimmer Spritz

Dies:   Waltzing Mouse- Scalloped Stitched Rectangle Layers,  Memory Box- Petite Umbrella

Embellishment:   Swarovski Crystals- Aurora Borealis and Peacock,  Taylored Expressions- Sequins

No comments:

Post a Comment